Wednesday, August 22, 2012

1st day of KINDERGARTEN!!

I cannot believe I have a kid old enough to be going to Kindergarten.  It seems just like yesterday that I was spending HOURS rocking, walking and singing to my extremely colicky baby girl. Now she is this imaginative, sensitive, funny, outgoing kid who is off to school.

Julia seemed excited, but also nervous and scared. She is always afraid of new things, but once she is there, she loves it. I know kindergarten will be the same way. The school had Open House on Monday afternoon, so Julia got to meet her teacher and see her classroom. She seemed less nervous after that.  I bet by the time she gets off the bus this afternoon, she will have made a bunch of new friends. She really is a social butterfly. Not sure where that came from, because neither of her parents are.

The part she was looking forward to the most was riding the school bus. I bet the excitement will wear off fast since she is one of the first ones on and one of the last ones off!

Posing for her 1st day of school pictures.



Yes, she gets on the bus while it is still dark out!


When the bus stopped, she ran right up to it, got on, and did not even look back!!


After the bus driver told her which seat was hers (her assigned seat is right behind the driver), I got her to turn around.  Notice the HUGE smile on her face! I think her excitement overrode all fears by this point.


Jude woke up about an hour after Julia got on the bus.  He is completely lost without her here with him.  He kept asking for her and I finally showed him these pictures, to which he said "She leave me". He is really sad and has been close to crying several times already.  I think we will visit Mimi and Ba today to help cheer him up.

Mommy was sad, but dealing with it. While it was pretty close there a few times, no tears were actually shed by me.

2 comments:

Melissa Hudelson said...

I can't believe how grown up she looks! I'm sure she'll love it. :-)

Random Blogger said...

That is the cutest thing I ever read! Specially the part where Jude misses his sister :)