Monday, December 8, 2008

Night out with Daddy

Winter is our meeting "season" at my work. It feels like I have been driving all over the state in the last month. Because of this, Julia has been with family or Jerrod several nights when my meeting was a night.

One night last week I knew it would be close to 10pm before I would get home, so Daddy was in charge. This meant he had to pick her up from daycare, feed her supper and put her to bed. Nothing he has not done before.

At one point during my meeting I get a call from Jerrod. "Do you know how hard it is to take Julia out to a restaurant with just one parent?", he says. I chuckle, and say "Had a little trouble, huh?". He said it was really hard trying to get her cleaned up, the diaper bag packed up, her coat put on, leave a tip, pay the bill and chase Julia around the restaurant the whole time.

Luckily, they went to Skyline Chili (which Julia loves) and it happened to be kids night. Kids ate free with a paying adult. They also had games and toys on the tables for the kids to play with. So nobody really cared that Julia was running around like a fool.

I bet Jerrod thinks twice before taking Julia out to eat again though.....

No comments: